Ralph Hassenpflug studied European literature in Germany and France. He was born in West Germany and emigrated to the United States in 2002. He is a self taught photographer.
He regularly presents his work in national and international shows:
- selected for the Italian VOGUE portfolio
- featured artist in Stone Voices Magazine and Still Point Arts Quarterly
- published by Maine Art Scene Magazine
- accepted into the prestigious Visual Narrative exhibition
- Mobile Photography show at the Minneapolis Photo Center
- Center for Fine Art Photography in Fort Collins, CO, alternative processes show
- Lightbox Gallery in Astoria, OR
- The Big Picture, Denver, CO
- Kiernan Gallery in VA
- PhotoPlace Gallery in Middlebury, VT
- Buddy Holly Center in Lubbock, TX
- New York Center for Photography, NY, NY
- New Century Artists Gallery in NY, NY
- ViewPoint Gallery in Halifax, Canada
- PH21 Gallery in Budapest, Hungary
- Southeast Center for Photography
- featured by LensCulture
- finalist of Critical Mass 2015 by PhotoLucida
- International Moscow Photo Awards 2015
- Open Shutter Gallery in Durango, CO
- Seities and Selves, Darkroom Gallery, Essex Junction, Vermont
- finalist in two categories of the International Pollux Awards
- International Biennial of Fine Art and Documentary Photography, Berlin, Germany
- 1650 Gallery, Los Angeles, CA - The Man Show - "Dudes, Bros and Gentlemen"
- Southeast Center for Photography, Greenville, SC - The Contemporary Nude
- Lightbox Gallery, Astoria, OR - The Photographic Nude
- Plates to Pixels Gallery, Portland OR - Intimate Alchemy
- Darkroom Gallery, VT, Haunted exhibit, jurors choice
- Amanda Smith Gallery, TX, LIGHT show
- PH21 Gallery, Budapest, Hungary, show STORIES, honorable mention
- Photo Place Gallery, VT, juror Susan Burnstine, honorable mention
Hassenpflug's book on sacred places of Brittany, France, was published by Shanti Arts in 2014.
Ralph is a creator of dreamlike images. He offers workshops in Maine and in Europe for the individual development of photographic vision.
Contact Ralph via the email form on the main page of this site if you are interested in workshops, mentoring or artist's prints. All of his images are for sale as archival giclée prints and in several alternative processes.